New York Knicks:
- Amar’e Stoudemire has arrived in Shanghai. He was spotted at both a Nike basketball event as well as a Nike skateboarding event.
- Baron Davis’ agent, Todd Ramasar, says the point guard will remain with the Knicks in ‘some capacity’. “The Knicks have been wonderful in terms of just extending support to Baron, whether it be through obviously his physical therapy or just having him involved with the organization going forward. He really loves that team and that organization has done an excellent job with Baron, and Baron feels like that’s home. He really, really enjoyed last season with the Knicks.” MORE at ESPN NY.
- Carmelo Anthony comments on Felton’s return to New York, “He wants to prove everybody wrong. He loves to win.” – “This is a special year for him mentally. For him being traded from here, (he has) the chance to come back and prove to people what his game is about.” (via ESPN)
- Carmelo Anthony held his pro camp at St. Johns University today: PHOTOS.
- Jason Kidd dishes on his new Knick teammates, describing what they bring to the table: VIDEO.
- Carmelo Anthony says he’s 100% healthy (hamstring). ”I just had a day where it was sore. That’s it, I’m healthy.” (via ESPN)
- Dwyane Wade is “excited” to see Derrick Rose progressing and in good spirits. of DRose injuring himself in the playoffs, Wade told CSN Chicago : “We didn’t want to see it and we want to play the Bulls. We want to play the best teams. We want him and his family to be fine, so to hear he was in high spirits and doing well, outside looking in, as a fan of the game, I’m excited for him.”
- Wade also touched on his free agency period in 2010 saying his decision on Miami or Chicago was “one of the hardest decisions” he’s ever made in his life, adding that he wore the #3 Bulls jersey that was given to him on his visit before ultimately choosing to stay with the Heat.
- Carlos Boozer is back on Twitter @MisterCBooz, last night he tweeted a photo of him and his family out to dinner in NYC:
- Nazr Mohammed is hosting a fundraiser tonight (MORE INFO HERE) in Chicago at Pazzo’s Restaurant to raise money for the improvement of his former high school, Kenwood Academy. Among food and musical entertainment, the event will feature a silent auction with many items including this Derrick Rose signed jersey:
- Joakim Noah will play in the “Balling For Peace” tournament on September 22 hosted by Father Michael Pfleger who is promotes anti-violence in Chicago. (source)