New York Knicks:
- Turns out Carmelo Anthony has been playing through a sore hamstring. The Knicks have sent one of their trainers to look after him for the remainder of the Olympics.
- Amar’e Stoudemire has been spotted around Houston this week where he’s training with Hakeem Olajuwon. Photo via Travis King:
- Ian Begley of ESPN New York suggests that the Knicks could head into training camp with the roster they have right now in order to have the space to add a player mid-season.
- If you enjoyed The Dream Team documentary, you’ll be excited to hear that Vibe & Footlocker have teamed up to release “The Dream Team Uncut“, an online series covering the best team ever assmebled. The 1st episode features Carmelo Anthony and J.R. Smith.
- Sportscenter sat down with Carmelo Anthony as he talks about going for another Gold, returning with the Knicks, and his part in the Jeremy Lin saga.
- Team USA overpowered Australia last night in a 33-point victory that earned them a place in the semi-final game tomorrow at 4 p.m. EST. See how Carmelo Anthony & Tyson Chandler contributed in our player grades.
- Luol Deng on upcoming season: “I can’t wait…we’ve got a great coach and a great system going on, and we’re going to be ready for the next year, we’re going to come out and fight again.”
- Great news: The proposed under-23 age limit for USA Basketball will not be set in time for the 2016 Olympic games in Brazil, which means Derrick Rose will have another shot at securing a spot among the NBA’s elite. (via Pro Basketball Talk)
- The Bulls denied the Orlando Magic permission to interview current assistant, Adrian Griffin for a lead assistant position – reports indicate Chicago will only allow teams to interview Griffin for head coaching positions. (via Comcast Sports)
- A new colorway (White/Black/Red) for the adidas adiZero Rose 773 Olympic shoes will be released in the fall (via Sneakerfiles):