- Gar Forman denied to comment on reports of Omer Asik receiving a 25.1 million dollar offer from the Houston Rockets, but did acknowledge that he has “made it clear that we value Omer”.
- Brandon Roy will meet with the Chicago Bulls this week. Tom Thibodeau has already spoken with the former All-Star on the phone in reference to joining the Bulls.
- Marquis Teague was introduced as a Chicago Bull to the media on Monday morning. Teague said he is ready to “come in everyday and work hard”.
- The Washington Wizards have reached out to John Lucas, however the popular belief is that Lucas will re-sign with the Bulls.
- The Bulls have interest in combo guard Willie Green of the Atlanta Hawks. Last year he made $1.2 million, which puts him in the Bulls FA price range.
- Bulls reached out to Kirk Hinrich on Day 1 of Free Agency – however, after making $8 million last season, he will likely want more than Bulls can afford – which is reported to be about a $1.2 – $2.5 million offer.
NEW YORK KNICKS
- SHOCKING: According to Ric Bucher the Knicks are interested in Grant Hill, again.
- Tyson Chandler recently sat down for a Q&A with ESPN Magazine regarding his upcoming feature in their “Body Issue“. He discusses growing up on a farm, his favorite exercise, and body issues.
- Marc Stein reports that Steve Nash’s top two choices are the Knicks and the Raptors. Read about the potential sign-and-trade between the Suns and the Knicks that would allow New York to offer a 3yr/$27M contract HERE
- WATCH full coverage of Iman Shumpert’s private birthday celebration at Veranda recently- which features J.R. Smith. Shumpert was also out last night continuing the birthday festivities at Amnesia in NYC.
- Marcus Camby would prefer a starting role, but the Knicks are still among his top 6 choices.
- Kostas Papanikolaou & Georgios Printezis, whose rights are owned by the Knicks, played great today for the Greek national team in the FIBA World Olympic Qualifying Tournament vs. Jordan. In a 107-63 win, Papanikolaou posted 19 points (7-10 FGA-M), 5 rebounds and 3 assists. Printezis had a solid game too, contributing 16 points (7-8 FGA-M), 7 rebounds, and 4 assists. Bright future for the Knicks?