- Jason Kidd has expressed interest in joining the Bulls for the 2013-2014 season.
- SOURCE: Bulls interested in Doron Lamb (Kentucky), John Jenkins (Vanderbilt) and Tyshawn Taylor – in that order – for the 29th pick.
- Bulls are said to be willing to trade Luol Deng, future pick, and their Bobcats protected pick for the Kings’ #5 pick and Tyreke Evans. According to Chad Ford of ESPN: “I’m told the Kings are after a young veteran. Team needs leadership and wants to start winning now”.
- John Lucas participated in the Marcy Home Boys & Girls “Hoops To Homework” program in January and promised the kids sneakers if they did their homework throughout the year. Tonight he will hold true to his pledge and hand out 80 pairs of Nike shoes at the house for underprivileged kids in Chicago.
NEW YORK KNICKS
- The Knicks recently held a 2-day visit with Veteran point guard Pablo Prigioni, whom also went to dinner with Glen Grunwald & Mike Woodson. Realistically, if the players union loses it’s appeal on the bird rights, he may be one of the top prospects for the Knicks with their limited spending. Prigioni is an Argentinian native who will square off vs. the U.S. in this year’s London olympics. He played in Spain last year for Unicaja Laboral and is considered a good passer as well as a clutch shot maker. However, he is 35 years old and averaged 3.3 turnovers per game last season. His Spanish team is offering a one-year deal where as the Knicks could offer either the $2 million lower exception or the $1.4 million Veteran’s minimum (via NJ.com)
- Jason Kidd would like to re-sign with the Mavericks, but if he doesn’t he’s interested in 3 teams- the Bulls, Nets, and Knicks. Kidd said he would enjoy helping groom Jeremy Lin. “That would be a lot of fun to help a player like that, just share the things that helped me be successful in this league.”
- Ramon Sessions opted out of his contract with the Lakers to explore free agency. While it’s 100% clear that they want him back , a lot of things can happen when you “test” free agency and he would be a great fit for the Knicks, which would depend on the Early Bird Rights decision of course- being that they have no money to work with. Just something to think about.
- Carmelo Anthony is starring in a Chinese film titled “Amazing“, alongside Dwight Howard, Scottie Pippen, and Yi Jianlian. It’s set to premiere in China this Summer- Watch The Preview
- Jeremy Lin wins the first ever “Social Breakout Player of the Year” award. Check out the VIDEO, as we take a look back.
- Get to know Tyson Chandler’s artistic side