- Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated continunes to provide Bulls info – this time he says Ray Allen‘s top free agency destinations are New York, Miami and Chicago.
- Jimmy “don’t call me Rook” Butler left Luol Deng an “anonymous” handwritten note at the Bulls practice facility:
- Speaking of practice facilities, the Bulls have decided to build a new practice place in downtown Chicago.
- J.R. Cadot out of Texas Christian University will take part in a pre-draft workout for the Bulls who were the only team to reach out to Cadot. The 6’5” SG averaged 11 points and 7 rebounds in his senior year.
- According to source with knowledge, former Bull, Kirk Hinrich, is interested in signing with the Bulls or Knicks – but wants a good deal, not interested in signing for minimum.
- With the Olympics a month away, Joakim Noah says he is nowhere near ready: ”I can’t push off of [my ankle]. I can’t run well. I’m not at all ready, but hopefully I will be.”
New York Knicks
- Happy Birthday to Steve Novak who turns 29 today!
- Jared Jeffries tells ESPN NY that he wants to return to NY next season and that he’s about to embark on a week-long fishing trip in the South Pacific tomorrow.
The Lin-Novak Bird Rights hearing was held today in the Big Apple. Despite it being his birthday, Novak actually made a surprise appearance and gave a testimony at the arbitration hearing between the players’ association and the NBA. As far as a decision goes, David Stern had this to say:“I think a decision will be relatively fast. We’re anticipating it is in favor of us by the clear language of the agreement.’’However, Steve Novak estimated via Twitter that a decision would come in 2 weeks.