Welcome to the first edition of The Windy Apple Daily Roundup, a once-a-day column featuring all of the day’s Chicago Bulls and New York Knicks news/rumors/quotes/photos compiled into one spot for your convenience! Check back every day at 6:00 PM (ET) for the latest.
- Joakim Noah tells the French media: ”My ankle is not quite ready, but time is on my side for Olympics.”
- The Bulls are in the process of scheduling a work-out for Orlando Johnson, a shooting-guard out University of Santa Barbara.
- The Bulls are rumored to be discussing a trade with the Utah Jazz which would also involve a third unknown team. The trade proposes sending Deng to Utah and Boozer to a third team. Devin Harris and Al Harrington are the players that Chicago are interested in obtaining.
- John Lucas III worked out with J.R. Smith in Houston.
- Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated tells WFAN NY that he envisions Jason Kidd on the Bulls next season.
- Aggrey Sam of CSN Chicago on Bulls draftee: ”will have chance to crack the rotation that will likely have several new faces.”
- Today marks the 15th anniversary of Michael Jordan’s legendary Game 5 “Flu Game” performance against the Utah Jazz.
New York Knicks
- The critical hearing surrounding the fate of Jeremy Lin and Steve Novak, the Early Bird Rights, is just two days away – June 13. If the judge favors the players union, the Knicks will be able to re-sign Lin and have an extra $5 million mid-level exception to sign a FA. If the league wins the case, which they are favored to do, the Knicks will only be able to re-sign Lin to the mid-level exception of up to $5 million.
- Melo wants you to see his muscles:
- It’s been rumored that the Knicks are trying to trade up for a late first-round pick in the draft. According to ESPN New York, they could use Harrellson, Douglas and Jordan as trade bait.
- J.R. Smith got another tattoo. Where did he find room for it?