1. Ronnie Brewer life motto is three simple words: Don’t be content, which he also exhibits in tattoo form.
2. Ronnie and his dad Ron Sr. are the first father-son combination to play for the Chicago Bulls in history.
3. His dad actually didn’t want him to play basketball (via Black Sports Online): “My dad actually didn’t want me to play basketball because he didn’t want there to be a comparison.”
4. He is the cousin of Fred Gulley, a sophomore college basketball player who now plays for Ronnie’s alma mater, Arkansas, after transferring from Oklahoma State.
5. Ronnie Brewer and Corey Brewer are not related!
6. Ronnie’s a Mac. He told Complex magazine: “You won’t ever see me without my Apple products. I always have my iPhone, iPad, and Macbook with me.”
7. His unique style of shooting comes from breaking his arm in third grade on a water slide.
8. Ronnie Brewer gets a shoutout in Ghostface’s rap, “Barbershop”:
I got a cousin that plays for the Utah Jazz
But I don’t hafta run the two to shoot yall ass
Peace to Ronnie Brewer, on the mic I’m the manure
Got a Ruger for the coward tryna hate on the computer
9. Before Ronnie was drafted to the NBA, he listed Bulls legend, Scottie Pippen, as someone he went to for advice. (via Draft Express)
10. Ronnie has an older sister, Candice, who played and started for The University of Tulsa. She averaged 8 points per game.
11. He once at 20 hot dogs. Haha kidding.
Check out our other “Things You Didn’t Know” posts:
And stay tuned for the next edition featuring Bulls rookie Jimmy Butler: 21 Things You Didn’t Know About Jimmy Butler